LST Tasks & Responsibilities
IEP Case Manager
Write IEPs, facilitate IEP meetings, and oversee the effective implementation of students' IEPs.
Beginning of Year:
- Review the IEP of each student on roster.
- Create a confidential IEP Snapshot. See WeaverLearn.com.
- Open access in SEAS (IEP online program) for students’ teachers.
- Archive all IEPs on roster in SEAS.
- Review students’ SDIs & IEPs and note any tasks that need to be completed w/ due date.
- Make beginning-of-year IEP revisions (schedule/placement changes, etc.). This requires parent calls.
- Create a master schedule of all IEP Roster students.
- Plan Instructional Aides’ schedules in light of student needs (coordinate with other Special Ed teachers).
- Develop schedule/plan for LS students’ pull-out rotation in interventions and resource.
- Communicate flex schedule with students (i.e., tape schedule in assignment book).
- Create a to-do list and calendar..
- Place key events from annual school calendar in Google calendar.
- Note each student’s IEP date and place IEP & PREP in calendar/to-do list (at least 1 month prior to mtg). ALSO NOTE any students who have SP-L therapy (remember to invite SP-L therapist to IEP meetings).
- Note any assigned duties in calendar (bus duty, etc.).
- Complete baseline assessments for IEP goals.
- Meet with roster students and review how to log into PowerSchool to self-monitor grades, email teachers, etc.
- Complete a master list of roster students who need tests/quizzes read to them throughout the year.
Ongoing throughout Year:
- Collaborate & communicate with students’ teachers to facilitate IEP implementation.
- Write new IEPs for each student on roster prior to IEP expiration date and facilitate IEP meetings.
- Update IEP Snapshot after each IEP meeting (new SDI, etc.).
- Track progress monitoring on each student’s IEP goal throughout the quarter.
- Complete quarterly IEP progress reports.
- Communicate with parents/guardians and maintain a log of all communications (Google Doc).
- Respond to admin, faculty, parent, and others emails & communications in a timely way (ASAP).
Strategic Inclusion & Intervention - ELA
Partner with ELA teachers in the special design and facilitation of learning for students with identified ELA needs (regular ed and/or LS hybrid environments).
- Organize the classroom, create bulletin boards, put up posters, and prepare the room for 1st day of school.
- Consult with ELA teachers in designing courses with universal design strategies and interventions.
- Track students’ progress related to IEP goals and complete “Present Levels” and “Goal” sections of IEPs.
- Prepare materials and assessments for classes as needed.
- Score and evaluate student assessments as needed.
Other Professional Duties
- Attend team, faculty/staff and department meetings & serve on various committees.
- Fulfill duties (bus duty, etc.) as assigned.
- Develop and track SLOs and other teacher evaluation tools.
- Attend professional development trainings.
- Read and review educational blogs, journals, websites, etc. to stay current and on cutting edge.